Scratch Level 2 - Racing Game

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/187307654/

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/187307654/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1. What I mostly had trouble with, is the fixing the laps. I got mixed up with some of the Data codes, as I did use "Change Player 1 Laps" instead of  "Set Player 1 Laps." as it was messing up my laps and wasn't resetting the laps whatsoever. Another problem that I had with the laps is the coordinates, when I changed the map layout, I forgot to change the coordinates and that messed up my laps as well, they weren't changing. When I went to go look for the problem I decided to change the coordinates a little bit, "Wait until 'x position < (Coordinate)'" was off, when I changed it to another coordinate that fit the track. I had fixed the laps.

2. I changed the race track, instead of using the "circle tool," I used the paint brush tool and increased the paint brush size, and made a track by using that, I didn't want to make a circle as that was too much of an easy track to play on. I also made the game a Two-Player game, I wanted to make it a two-player game because I wanted to have as many people play it as possible. If I could fit three or four cars in the track, I would. I programmed the second car same as the original one. However, when the cars bump into each other, I made them spin around as if they crashed, however, BOTH the cars spin, just to slow down both the game and the cars. I did this by duplicating the spinning system for the grass, and changed the colour to orange for the white car, and white for the orange car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch - Intro

GameMaker - Catch The Clown

Final Project Proposal