Scratch Level 4 - Create Your Own Game

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/191533753/

<iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/191533753/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
1. I had A LOT of difficulties with bugs, and things that weren't supposed to do the things they weren't supposed to. I sort of fixed them by switching and changing some of the codes around, where if this is supposed to disappear and it doesn't do it, then I'll just make it disappear again. Also, the text box glitch when the opponent's pokemon faints, is almost impossible to fix, so it's left in the game. Some other things I had trouble with were just mixing things around with other codes, or accidentally leaving some code that wasn't supposed to be there on that code. For example, I left a code that stops everything on a separate script and that stopped the whole game, when I removed it, it started to work again.

2. I tried to changed the models and the text, and the "story/dialogue" behind the scenes. I also didn't add music to the game, or any sound in that matter, which I do think that would've made the game much better. Also the game was more developed than mine and it had more of a concept than just battling with a rival.

3. The game was fine, it was just a little bit buggy. I implemented it by trying to fix some of them. It didn't work out.

4. I don't want to improve my game, like idea wise, but script wise, I don't like it, I want to fix the bug that is in the game right now, I want to fix it so bad that I feel like I'll fail this assignment if I don't. The next steps if I had more time would be that, I would create an outer area where you can fight wild pokemon and not just your rival. Create more things, add more sprites, add more scripts that bug unintentionally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch - Intro

GameMaker - Catch The Clown

Final Project Proposal