Scratch Level 3 - Pong

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/189399801/

iframe allowtransparency="true" width="485" height="402" src="//scratch.mit.edu/projects/embed/189399801/?autostart=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1. I didn't have any problems regarding the programming besides making a timer for the game. All I really had trouble doing was making the "Player 1" and "Player 2" backdrops, because they were being placed wrong. I fixed it by dragging the text box to the middle area.

2. I made the game a two player game, I did this because I didn't want players to go against a bot that would have perfect movement so the game could never end. I did this by copying down  the player one codes for moving and changing the "If __ key is pressed?" to "W" and S" for Player 2. I've also increased the movement speed of the ball, I did this by changing the "Move ___ steps" to 14. I changed this just so it doesn't get slow and it's pretty challenging. I've also added a timer for each time a player gains a point. I did this so the ball doesn't keep moving on and Player 1 doesn't have to keep moving the paddle each time one of them scores a point. I did this duplicating the "go to x: 0 y: 0" and making "Say ___ for ___ seconds" four times, to countdown to "1, 2, 3, GO!" all for one second.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch - Intro

GameMaker - Catch The Clown

Final Project Proposal